Tuesday, July 24, 2012

IT'S!

...not exactly Monty Python's Flying Circus, but close enough.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to write about, and I wouldn't blame you if you choose to stop reading right now. I'll start with my surroundings I suppose. At the mo I'm sitting outside of Mt. Hood Moka, one of the few places in my home town of Sandy, Oregon from which internet access is, well, accessible. To my left a line of cars is rolling perpetually on and on up Proctor (or is it Pioneer?) Boulevard toward the mountain. The famous Joe's Donut Shop sits nestled across the street between a row of hedges and a very tall and bushy tree, Meinig Park lurking just behind said confectionery shop. The sun is high in the sky, it's a lovely day, my two best friends are sitting with me at round table with their own laptops making a sort of triangle around the umbrella stand, and because this is a journal and not a tour guide, I shall now write about something else.
How about I just talk about summer in general? My summer so far (and that's only including the last four weeks actually) has been insanely eventful. My best friend's boyfriend came up from LA to visit us in the great state of green Oregon and for that whole week we (me, about four other friends, and friend's BF) were constantly driving to places, hiking the many trails through the wilderness, camping in the open air at Mirror Lake, walking around town, marveling at the new library, drinking tea with Brits, ogling at waterfalls, touring the WAAAM museum of aircrafts and vintage cars in Hood River, saying "and there's another view of Mt. Hood" whenever the trees would part to allow viewing of said mountain, watching a free performance Hamlet in the park (preformed by the lovely Portland Players), and many other wild occasions that I can't even remember.
Even after sir John-Justice (the boyfriend in question) departed back to the great-but-not-as-great-or-green-as-Oregon state of California, much more has happened and will as yet come to pass. Another best friend's birthday (Hannah or as you may know her dreamweaver808), the painting party that there ensued accompanied by hours of 'Gallifrey', adventuring back into the fantastical Oneonta Gorge, hours of classic Doctor Who (discovering this time around that Turlough is quite ridiculous), hiking along the Salmon River trail and watching various friends forge said river (heh heh), learning archery at another best friends house (yes there are many) and discovering that I am in fact a natural pro (four bulls-eye's in two rounds of shooting? yeah. truth not vanity... okay well maybe a little vanity, but that's not the point!), finding some lovely people to lease my horse to for the next year (and they belong to the same 4-H club I belonged to! Huzzah!), eating tiny wild Oregon strawberries, dying my hair red, giving oneself and one's friends henna tattoos, and etc etc etc...
And as for the future? This Wednesday my dad, little sister and I are sailing to Astoria via the Columbia River (although, if you're sailing, that's pretty much the only way you can get there. heh), on the 10th of August my friends and I are going to see a Franz Ferdinand concert in Portland, and sometime later in August I'm driving back to North Dakota (bleh) with a couple friends to then show them the sights (not that there are many. Oh, beautiful Oregon, I shall never underestimate you again!!!) So, yup, that's my summer. As for art, well, it happens spontaneously so I shall not endeavor to give any updates just yet.
Anything exciting happening in your summer? Or winter if you live in the southern hemisphere. Burrr! A cloud just covered the sun, so I'm going to wrap this random little entry up. Adios till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment